Thursday, April 25, 2013

Liebster Award



Thank you Two Bored Housewives for giving me the Liebster Award - an award for upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers and for who someone believes deserve some recognition for their blogging. Cute!

**Here are the details on receiving this award**
  1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
  2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.

11 Random Facts about Hockey Mom in Training

1. I love vinegar, that is probably why I'm so sour:)
2. I swear too much.
3. I actually have a real job in PR that I love very much.
4. I love gigantic sun glasses and I won't appologize for it.
5. I dreamt of a career my entire life and never thought about kids and a husband...I'm so glad to have the best of both worlds.
6. I love hockey and I love to watch my kids play but I admit that I often have no idea what specific hockey terms mean.
7. I don't understand how some hockey moms have time to look like a perfect 10 at 6am at a freezing cold ice arena.
8. I have had the same two friends since 6th grade, I adore them and we don't get to see nearly enough of eachother.
9. I met my husband when I was 18.
10. I question my sanity almost every day.
11. I can count to 10 in Japanese.

11 Questions for Hockey Mom in Training

1. What motivated you to start blogging?
I had so much to say and no one to tell it to. My kids are hilarious and I figured I ought to commemorate that somewhere. I also use to be a great writer, until I got out of college and had to write "business style" for a living. I adore writing freestyle and I wanted to get back to writing for me.

2. What does your blog name mean?
I'm a hockey mom and I love being a hockey mom. They also play football, baseball and other sports in between. They're driven by athletics in general. But they really have a passion for hockey and it makes my heart smile to see them so driven about something. 

It's interesting to be a hockey mom. The other hockey moms are also passionate about being a hockey mom, they're a fiery bunch. Sometimes I fit in and sometimes I don't. I'm not sure I'm like them, I probably never will be. But I'm along for the ride. I always say a mom's job is always in training to be a better mom, the best mom. I feel the same way being a hockey mom. I'll never know it all. I'll always be in training.

3. What are your writing habits?
Well, let's just say they're nothing to write about. I write when something strikes me. I figuratively write when I'm in the shower. Sometimes the kids will say or do something and it leads me to a thought I know I HAVE to write about. Today, the tragedy in Boston inspired me to write and it probably will again. 

4. What advice would you give a new mother? 
Don't listen to my advice or the advice of anyone else. Sometimes advice is well meaning, but often it's not. Every one has a different experience. Live yours. Do you. Love your kids and it will all work itself out.

5. What is your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?
This is a little embarrassing. I watch some pretty mindless, trash TV!  I watch all of the Real Housewives of... My husband hates it and I always watch in horror.  I also watch shit like Teen Mom. Don't hate.

6. What 3 things do you need to you through the day?
My smart phone, Diet Pepsi and ibuprofen. Again, I know Diet Pepsi is eating my insides and you're not supposed to take ibuprofen every day, don't hate.

7. Favorite Holiday and why?
Thanksgiving. I host and I love to cook for my family and make my house pretty and all warm and cozy. There is also no gift pressure, I like that.

8. If you had to choose 1 celebrity to be stranded on a deserted island with whom would it be and why?
I'm weird and not that into celebrity. I'd like to be stranded on a deserted island with my husband, so it wasn't all awkward and I could just chill and be deserted.

9. What are the best 5 words to describe you?
Amazing, Funny, Awesome, Mom, Wife. I was asked a question...I'm all of those things...hahahaha.

10. What's on top of your bucket list?
I so have been meaning to make a bucket list.

11. Drink of choice and why?
I've already mentioned that I need Diet Pepsi on the daily. But, I LOVE a good margarita.  If I knew why I was addicted to the DP I would probably quit. And Margs are just yummy and you get a good buzz pretty quick:)


No comments:

Post a Comment